Zanzibar is a perfect place to complete a great trip, the ideal destination where you can get lost by white sand beaches and turquoise blue waters that hide the most spectacular seabeds on the planet, colonial villas surrounded by pure jungle gardens and dense tropical forests. The African coasts reserve unique places where you can lose track of time and explore a place that tells us about years of history, through its streets and colorful bazaars.
The Zanzibar archipelago contains the islands of Pemba, Mafia and Zanzibar, also known as Unguja, which is the largest. Among them, the Island of Zanzibar is unique for its natural beauty, lush vegetation, spectacular beaches and important cultural heritage. The coral barrier runs along the entire east coast, from north to south, protecting a chylometric white beach from the most beautiful in the world.
As the capital of this island we find the exotic Stone Town, a fascinating city where the various influences (Indian, African, Muslim) have created a unique cultural mosaic that is reflected in its colorful architecture, making this island a very different place to many other tropical islands.
The intense nuances and a wide range of aromas leave an indelible mark on whoever enters Stone Town, for its alleys flanked by mosques and hand-fitted wooden portals with bronze ornaments. Stone Town is also famous for its music and for being the cradle of geniuses such as Freddy Mercury or Tracy Chapman, as well as being declared a Unesco World Heritage Site.
A few kilometers from this city, there are several points of interest where you can enrich yourself from the culture and the amazing possibilities of the place:
– You will have the possibility to visit spice plantations, in which you will receive explanations about each of the varieties, their uses in the kitchen and in cosmetics, and you will be ecstatic in the face of the wide range of perfumes.
– In the village and beach of Kizimkazi the local fishermen will take you on their boats to see the dolphins, magnificent specimens next to which you can even swim.
– From Jambiani you can take a boat and enjoy an excursion through the Bay of Menai and Kwale Island, where you can enjoy a sandbank picnic or snorkeling activities, finishing the tour eating a good lunch with lobsters, prawns, and all kinds of fish and seafood of the area in front of the beach.
– You can also snorkel at Mnemba Atoll, where you can appreciate the diversity and beauty of African marine life, and an astonishing explosion of colors that will accompany you during your stay on this magnificent island.
– A few miles from the coast of Stone Town there is also a group of small islands, including Prison Island, Snake Island and Grave Island. All of them offer a great unique beauty that can be visited on day trips. On Prison Island, you can witness the population of giant turtles.
– From Zanzibar, you can also visit the island of Pemba, whose nickname is “Evergreen Island” due to its lush vegetation. It is famous for its spectacular tides and for its rich and varied marine life.
To make sure we meet all your needs as you imagine them, we tailor-make your trip to Zanzibar, including the activities you are interested in and organizing them for you. Whether you want to focus your trip on the beaches and destinations of the archipelago, or if you want to add it to your trip through the amazing Tanzania, feel free to contact us to help you decide the best way to make your dream trip.