ABOUT THE PLASTICS IN TANZANIA
- Before visiting Tanzania you should know that since June 2019 all plastic bags, regardless of their thickness, will be prohibited from being imported, exported, manufactured, sold, stored, supplied and used in mainland Tanzania.
- However, plastic or plastic packaging for medical services, industrial products, for the construction industry, the agricultural sector, food products, health and waste management are not prohibited.
- Visitors to Tanzania are therefore advised to avoid carrying plastic bags or packing with plastic carrying baggage or items in plastic bags in the suitcase or carry-on baggage before embarking on their journey to Tanzania. If you want to pack your bags with plastics for security, there is assigned at all airports at the entrance an area where you can deposit the plastics from leaving the airport without problems.
- At Dreams of Africa Safari we support and applaud this initiative of the government to keep the environment of this wonderful country known for its special and unique nature clean of plastics.
- For more information clik here…